Mediant LLC ("we", "us" or "our") is a company registered in Russia with company number INN 7708786095 and a registered address at Moscow, 1st Krasnoselsky lane, 3-1-79, 107140
We are a data controller and are responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your "personal data" (which has the meaning as set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the "Data Protection Laws")).
Unless indicated otherwise, our Policy applies to all of Mediant LLC's mobile software applications that have been made available for download (each, an "App," and together, the "Apps") and any related websites or other online properties owned or controlled by Mediant LLC (together with the Apps, the "Services").
Please also read the Terms of Service
which sets out the terms governing the Services.1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
When we provide the Services, we collect or receive personal information in a few different ways. In many cases, you can choose what information to provide, although some information is required in order to use Mediant LLC and for us to provide the Services to you. We use your information for the purposes described below:From you, or from other sources at your direction
We collect a variety of information from you when you provide it to us directly or when you tell us to get it from a third party source. The particular kinds of information we gather usually depend on how you interact with us. For example:
- We collect basic account information such as your email address, phone number, username and password. We need this information to create your account and it helps secure and provide access to our Services. We also obtain or infer demographic information. If you use Facebook or Google to register for or log in to the Services (or later connect your accounts), you authorize Facebook or Google, as the case may be, to share your personal information with us, including your email address, age and publicly available information about you and your Facebook friends, if you use Facebook for signup.
- Similarly, if you access the Services with another third party social network we will collect information that you have agreed to make available, such as your name, user ID/URL, profile picture, age, list of friends, email address and/or phone number, and/or your birthday, language selected, and/or geolocation.
- We collect additional profile information about you when you upload a picture, or add your interests, music genre, skills and what you love.
- We gather information from the actions you take to recommend, create, communicate and share content. This includes messages you send, information about the content you create yourself, the people you follow, the songs you mark as favorites or share, and the comments you post. In addition, we track social interactions in our Apps (e.g. what you listened to, what you loved, and your comments and invites).
- If you send us support requests or comments you may also provide us with additional information to enable us to contact you and address your feedback and we may retain such information to enhance our Services and to respond to you.
- Forums, message boards, blogs and/or news groups may be available to you through the Services. Please remember that any information you post (including in these areas) may become public information and may be removed or addressed if in violation of our Terms of Service. We use publicly available information to help provide our Services. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited responses. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any of your personal information in a public forum, including within our applications, as it may be misused or abused by third parties.
- When you purchase a subscription, you provide our payment processor with your payment information. We currently use third parties to process such payments but may change that in the future.
From your browser and device
- To be clear, we don't ask you to provide us with any sensitive personal information, such as information relating to your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health, genetic or biometric information, sexual life or sexual orientation. However, if you decide to share this kind of information on Mediant LLC Services, you explicitly consent to us displaying it or sharing it in accordance with your selection.
We collect information from your browser, computer, or mobile device, which provide us with technical information when you use the Services, including:
- When you use the Services, we automatically collect certain log data, including your IP address, browser type, hardware type, unique device ID, the version of your operating system and your activity within the Services. We use log data for security purposes (such as preventing content from being improperly accessed) and to improve our Services (such as enhancing site performance in certain regions).
- We receive device identifiers like Apple's IDFA, IDFV and Google's AdID. These are principally used for online advertising and marketing purposes.
- We access geo-location information from your mobile device. This helps us share where you are in the world, provide locations to your posts and content, and display local activities and content based on your current location. It also helps us to send you relevant messages based on where you live. You can control the collection of geo-location information through your device.
Our current partners include:
- Google. You can learn more about how Google uses data, and how you can-opt-out, here.
- Facebook, whose Data Policy can be found here.
As with any business, we may change or work with different partners from time to time. We may provide an updated list of partners in this Policy or in another document which we will make available to you.